Thursday, September 26, 2013

I.G. OFF AND HAZADUS @ "THE BASEMENT" on WUSB


I.G. OFF and HAZADUS @ "THE BASEMENT" on WUSB

This was one from Summer 1997 at the Long Island show.  DJ Spinna brought the Beyond Real crew up to the radio show. Himself, Kriminul, Skam, and their newest artists: I.G. Off and Hazadus.  I had never met I.G. and Haz before this night, but I had heard them on Stretch & Bobbito a few years before and knew they were nice.  This turned into a great freestyle session, with DJ Spinna cutting up for them while they were rhyming.  After this night we all became family; recorded some songs together, and Cross Phada and myself even went overseas with I.G. Off in 2000. Unfortunately my friend and underground legend, I.G. Off, passed away last year, but his legacy lives on whenever you hear his rhymes in these types of settings.  This dude lived for the microphone and you can really hear how much he truly enjoyed his craft when he spit....R.I.P. I.G. Off; one of the true kings of off the head flow....

- James "DL"

No comments:

Post a Comment