Tuesday, October 1, 2013

L-FUDGE, SHABAAM SAHDEEQ, SKAM2? and I.G. OFF @ "THE BASEMENT" on WUSB


L-FUDGE, SHABAAM SAHDEEQ, SKAM2? and I.G. OFF @ "THE BASEMENT"

This is another freestyle marathon that we had up at "The Basement".  This was around the time that I.G. Off and Hazadus were promoting a live show that they were putting together at the Nuyorican Poet's Cafe in Manhattan with Mister Live, Tony Bones, A.L. Skills, Kwest, and a bunch of others...A group of these emcees previously went up to the "Underground Railroad" radio show on WBAI to promote the event, so I.G. Off and myself tried to put together a similarly epic freestyle-themed radio show out in Long Island. Except for these four emcees, nobody else made it out but we still had about an hour straight session, over multiple instrumentals....This is only two parts of it and I will put up another part when I find the other tape of this show.  Again, I am currently going through HUNDREDS of tapes from the 8 year run of the show and I am trying to find a lot of the different guest appearances that I remember. Finding these special appearances from the late and great I.G. Off, make this archeological mission worth it alone...

- James "DL"

No comments:

Post a Comment